Professional Selling Skills Program
National Building Products Distribution Firm
(Industrial, Retail, Hardware Divisions)
The client made a strategic decision to reposition itself, beginning with corporate restructuring and rebranding. A key component of the organizational renewal process was the creation of a people development program. Revised job descriptions, core competencies, and a new annual performance review program laid the foundation for the development of a professional sales and service program. This program was a key component of the company advancing to become one of the top 3 firms in the Canadian market place.
- Develop an integrated framework for a national, bi-lingual professional sales and service program.
- Create a customized 3-Module, bi-lingual sales/service training program in conjunction with the Executive leadership team, selected product specialists and regional managers and top sales representatives.
- Reinforce the training by creating a Train-the-Trainer program to enable in branch review and coaching.
- Involved the President, Vice President of Sales and Director of Human Resources.
- Customized a 3-Module Training program addressing:
- Value Creation
- Create a steering committee comprised of Management, Product Managers, and top Inside and Outside sales staff to assist in the customization.
- Common sales process established in both official languages.
- Customized sales, client ranking, service levels based on sales and presentation protocols.
- Manager and internal trainers’ handbook for in-branch/ in-field coaching and reinforcement.
- Increased market and customer share in all markets and regions.
- Applied the program to all new acquisitions resulting in consistent sales and service model to ensure consistent sales/service experience for all customers.
- Increase brand equity and customer trust through consistent sales/service experience.